Sunday, March 6, 2011

Greensboro Cruising Gay

galore!


a love infinity! And 'how to describe my relationship with crumpets . And what they are, they will ask those of you not familiar with these strange pagnottelle loooong British? These muffins, made from a batter leavened. The consistency is slightly spongy and the area is dotted with many small holes, like those of a natural sponge. These flow characteristics, making them unbeatable to be coated, lightly toasted, with some good butter - preferably unsalted - that will penetrate deeply, perhaps leaking on your chin when you bite them! Breakfast, snack, snack random, are good forever.
Well, are years that every time I return to England I fill my suitcase. But I can not quite explain why he never thought of it before let me be me. Who knows, probably because in England I have always seen in the supermarket and I had never occurred to me that you could cook at home.
But last week, looking through a new book produced by baking, I came across by chance in the recipe. It 'was an epiphany! I jumped in and fish this weekend at my house there we made a feast.
Ingredients - for about 16-18 crumpets
450g plain flour 600ml milk and water mixed
2 teaspoons salt 2 tablespoons sunflower oil 1 tablespoon sugar
7g dehydrated yeast (fresh yeast or 15)
2.5 teaspoons of baking soda
120ml of warm water

special tools :
will serve 3-4 cup pasta rings of steel 8-10cm.

Prepare the batter by sifting the flour and salt in a bowl. Warm the milk and water and scioglieteci in the yeast, add the oil and sugar and pour the flour in a fountain. Beat well with a whip for 5 minutes, until the dough becomes very smooth. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm (I lay on a wooden board supported in turn on a heater) for 45 minutes.
Dissolve baking soda in warm water and add to batter, mixing well. Cover again and let it grow for another 30 minutes.
Lightly grease a piece of paper towel dipped in oil of sunflower seeds (which holds better at high temperatures) a pan. Grease well the pasta bowl - for these I've seen that works best butter.
Place to heat the pan with the pasta bowl resting on the inside. When they begin to be a bit 'too hot to the touch, pour a ladle of batter in each, for approximately 1.5 cm in height. Cook for ten minutes over medium-low. You will see that after a while 'begin to form bubbles. When the surface is dry, misshapen and turn cooking for a couple of minutes on the other side.
pasta bowl and clean pan and repeat the process until you use all the batter.
progressively piled on a rack to cool. To serve, pass in a toaster or under the grill for a few minutes. And of course, butter, butter, butter!
are preserved for 3-4 days in a closed container in the refrigerator.


Note: If the case is not enough bubbles formed on the surface, add a little more 'water to the batter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment